Thursday, April 21, 2011

All things girly

So this week I've been missing feeling girly and "put together". I work at a small a/c company and can pretty much wear whatever I want. As long as it's not a t-shirt. So most days, I roll out of bed throw my hair up in a ponytail or messy bun and head to work. Don't usually even wear makeup, because I don't care lol. No one sees me. I'm stuck in an office with no window, at a computer. So today I actually got up, showered, blow dried and straightened my hair. And I actually have mascara on. Now, I'm not the type to go to dinner, out with friends, on a date, etc with no make up on. But at work I don't care.

Yesterday I was thinking that it had been awhile since I really felt like I got to get dressed up and feel pretty. What can I say? Sometimes it makes me feel good to put a dress and a shit-ton of makeup on and dance tipsily with my friends. So, hopefully I will get a chance to this weekend.

Ah I also just heard of this new thing where you can actually get schlack on your nails. Apparently, it helps your manicure last for 2 weeks. That's a long time for nail polish not to chip! I think I'm going to try it today or tomorrow. I'll follow up with pictures and a review of if it actually works ;)

Now for music. I normally listen to mostly rock music. From indie acoustic to screamo. But, this week I've really been enjoying some chick music. So I will leave you with some music that I've been jamming in my car this week. For the record, I don't usually like depressing girl music. I like the upbeat stuff that you can happily bob your head to while driving. :)

Kate Nash- "Pumpkin Soup", "Merry Happy", "Foundations"
Ingrid Michaelson- "Parachute", "The Way I am"

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment