Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My weekend

Let's see.. Friday.. went to hang with the guy I've been seeing. Not real eventful. I picked up some cheap amaretto and sour mix and made my own amarettos sours that were delicious! (and much cheaper than at a bar) He on the other hand drank beer. We watched a movie called Peep World.. It was different but kept us entertained.

Saturday- Woke up, he made me breakfast.. Bagels and kolaches.. yum :).. I love food if you can't tell.
We were outside a lot of the day by his pool. He was grilling shish kabobs (sp?) and I had my feet in the pool and played with his dogs lol. We ended up swimming for about 30 minutes (one of his dogs joined). It was adorable. I'm a HUGE animal lover btw. I was actually a veterinary technician for a little over 3 years. I miss that.
But anyways.. lol I've been told more than once that I like animals more than people. Which I can't completely deny. I actually have a polydactyl cat. (Don't worry I'll explain and post a few pics) His name is Ringo (I'm a huge Beatles fan) and he's fat and orange. He is by far, the best cat I've ever had/met. He has the personality of a dog. I swear. He follows me around everywhere, wants to cuddle all day, and would rather you pet him than have food most times. So back to polydactyl- pretty much it's a deformity that causes cats to have more than the normal amount of toes. Therefore, their front paws look like mittens.

Here's a couple pictures of my Ringo boy


Can you see his mitten hands? I'll have to post more later.

Well now that I got off on a tangent about animals (sorry about that) lol. So let's see.. Saturday night we went to see Scream 4. Let me first say that I am a huge horror movie fan. Love them.. even the cheesy ones.. I'll go see because I still enjoy them. I like most of the Scream movies.. Scream 3 was probably my least favorite. But,  in Scream 4, Wes Craven redeemed himself. Loved it! I jumped, maybe even screamed once.. and definitely was grabbing my date's arm a lot. Plus, the ending surprised me. Gotta love that! So I recommend it if you liked even one of the previous Scream movies.

Sunday- Decided to wake up and go to the beach with my friend, Kristena. Now, if you're from Texas, you know that Galveston beach is gross. The water is usually brown.. on a good day it may have a tint of green. Thanks Mississippi River, thanks.
So even though we don't get in the water, we still enjoy laying out on the beach. It was a gorgeous day! No clouds, and windy so you didn't get hot. Kristena was actually cold lol but I loved it. We were only there about an hour and a half but you wouldn't know it from my tomato red legs! Ugh they hurt. Bad. But I needed some sun. Looking a little pasty lately.

So here's some pictures from the beach:




^Kristena


So that was my weekend. How was yours?


2 comments:

  1. I was skeptical about Scream 4 because Scream 3 was so terrible but I might have to go see it now. And you're so lucky that you're able to go to the beach! I can't wait for those days to come. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I love the beach :) Yeah give Scream 4 a shot and let me know what you thought!

    ReplyDelete