Monday, May 16, 2011

2nd post today- Am I breaking the rules? ;)

Ok, so weekend was good. I know I already showed you my weekend in pictures, but I feel the need to vent about something I found out yesterday.

So, in high school I dated a guy, we'll call him J. We met when I was a Freshman, I think. We started dating when I was 16. He was my first love. We had a good relationship and actually lasted until I was almost 22. So, we were together a total of 5 1/2 years. A Long time lol. We planned on marriage, but I started freaking out thinking about being only 21, and marrying the guy I lost my virginity to, and never really dating anyone else. So I broke up with him. Just temporarily, I thought. Well, ended up we never dated again. We've semi stayed in touch through the years. We've even hung out off and on, when we're both single.

He usually would start to text me after every relationship he had. He even came out for my birthday this year, which was in February. (Let me point out that February was only 3 months ago) So, he was single and came out for my birthday. Fast forward to this weekend. HE'S ENGAGED! I'm in shock. So let's dig a little deeper. If he wasn't dating her at my birthday, the longest he could have known her is 3 months. But, let's face it, you're not exclusive after one date. So they've probably only Really been dating for 2 months. Is it just me, or does that sound absolutely ridiculous? I think he's acting crazy. He's even told me before, that he was desperate to get married, and very afraid to be alone. So, this really shouldn't surprise me, but it does.

Now before you start thinking that I'm just jealous, and I want him  back- No. I don't want to be with him. Like I said, we used to hang out when we were both single, and nothing romantic ever happened. But, we were together for almost 6 years. He was my best friend. So, I'm a little upset that he's making such a hasty decision. I give it maybe 8 months. Sorry, I know that's wrong, but come on! 3 months and they're engaged?!? They've probably never had a fight yet. It really makes me laugh more than anything. Alright I'm done talking about it!

Let's see, things I have this month to look forward to. Manchester Orchestra in concert on the 27th! Can't wait! If you've never heard of them, look them up! They're amazing. Then on the 28th, going camping with all my best friends! And the boy is coming too :). Anyone else have things they're looking forward to this month?

2 comments:

  1. Oh girl, I can tear a big hole into this one. But I won't since you've said you're done talking about it.
    BUT
    Good luck to him! In my book that's pretty fucking awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha feel free to! I'd love to hear feedback and opinions!

    ReplyDelete