Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Just a quickie

Just a quick post!

So, I ate great yesterday! I'm actually pretty proud of myself. I got home from work and ate a lean cuisine chicken club panini. It actually tasted pretty good! Then, I got changed and headed to the gym to meet my two best friends. First, we got on the elliptical. I did it for 25 minutes, then the exercise bike for 25 minutes. After that, we went in the sauna for 10 minutes. That was my first time in a sauna, and man was it hot!
I know that's the point lol but I thought it would be more steamy hot. It was actually very dry heat. We were sweating our asses off! Got rid of some water weight I would guess.

This morning I weighed myself and the scale said 181.8! That means I lost 4.7lbs in 2 days! I'm sure it's water weight, but it made me feel good and motivated seeing that number!

I downloaded an app on my iphone to track my workouts and my weight. I think I'm a visual person so typing that in and having it show me the numbers of my progress helps me with motivation too.

Quick question for gym goers or runners... What music/bands do you like to listen to when doing cardio?

I'm normally into rock, but when I work out, I actually find that hip hop/r&b is easier to listen to and keep up my pace, while on the elliptical or bike.

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. The music I listen to that the gym is definitely different (some of it anyways) than the music I listen to for enjoyment. I definitely go for hip hop, reggaeton and anything with a strong, driving beat. I also listen to a lot of Turkish and Arabic music. I don't know the words, but the beats are great! haha Lady Gaga also has some great songs on her new album that really keep you going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the input! Haha yeah I didn't think about Lady Gaga.. I'll have to look into Turkish and Arabic too!

    ReplyDelete