Monday, July 18, 2011

What a wake up call!

Hi everyone! It's been awhile. I've been extremely busy with work. But I'm back.

So, I had a pretty good weekend. Went to a friend's beach house in Galveston on Saturday, and got quite a bit of sun. Then yesterday, was one of my best friend's daughter's 5th birthday party. It was at their house, and they rented one of those huge, steep inflatable slides! I wore my swim suit under my clothes, but I was not climbing up that thing until most of the people left! There is just no graceful way to do it. So, most of the people left, and then the real fun started. The boys were going nuts and jumping off as they slid down. I think they all had bloody scrapes by the end of it all. Us girls just mostly got up there and slid down like normal people. Well, we had a blast! One of the girls was pregnant so she was in charge of my camera and capturing all the hilarious moments. So, I give my camera to Kristena to take home and post all the funny pictures on facebook.


I get home and get on facebook to look at the pictures. OH. MY. GOSH. I about died seeing myself in the bikini. You know how you don't realize how you look until you see it in a picture?

Well I was in absolute shock! I didn't think I looked that big, but those pictures proved me wrong!

I sat there on my bed looking through them, and feeling so extremely disappointed in myself for letting my weight get to this point. Just a year ago, I was about 35 pounds lighter. And I had worked to get to that point. I wanted to cry, but I didn't. I thought to myself, "Nothing tastes good enough to be worth looking like that in a bikini." I'm so embarrassed. So you know what I did?

I got my ass up, changed out of my bathing suit into my workout clothes, weighed myself and headed to the gym. I figured I may as well use these feelings as motivation. I hit the elliptical for 25min and then the bike for 20min. I figure if I can do 45min-1hr of cardio 4-5 days a week, I'll be doing pretty good. Especially doing Weight Watchers too. Hopefully, that fat will start melting off my body.

The number on the scale was 186.6. So I've gained about 4lbs since I started last time. I weighed when I got home from the gym, because I'm crazy like that, and it said 185.6.. Probably not accurate, but hey it's a start. I'm realizing that I cannot keep losing and gaining weight. I need to just make this my lifestyle. I know they all say that. It shouldn't be a diet, it should be a lifestyle change. As many times as I've heard that, it's extremely difficult for me to change my thinking to that.

Here are a few things I know:

  • When I crave something really bad and I eat it. I ALWAYS regret it.
  • I've never once regretted working out. EVER.
  • I have less than 6 months now until my sister's wedding (where I'll be in tons of pictures)


So, that was my wake up call. Those pictures were a slap in the face, but I'm so glad I saw them. Because now I'm motivated and I'm not giving up! Yes, I may have a bad day where I don't eat as great as I should. But, that's no reason to not do awesome the next day.

Seeing results motivates me, but sometimes it can be awhile before you see them.

What helps keep you motivated??

Hope you have a wonderful Monday! I'm about to go eat Subway :)

2 comments:

  1. I love your comparison -- so poignant. Exactly, who has ever regretted working out versus pigging out?

    What keeps me motivated? I don't want to be invisible any more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you, girl! I've just got to keep thinking that when I'm craving a cheeseburger. But, we can do it!

    ReplyDelete