Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Insecurities are about as useful as trying to put the pin back in the grenade

I'm SO effing stoked that I will be seeing Incubus live for the fourth time, this Friday night! I had a decision to make. Blink 182 (one of my other all-time favorite bands) was here in Houston this past Monday. Because of money issues, I had to pick between seeing them or Incubus this week. But, when I really thought about it, the decision was easy. Blink is a fun band to see, no doubt. But, at this point in my life, I'm looking for inspiration. Whether you like Incubus' music or not, there's no denying that if you really listen to the words, they're very thought provoking.

I love music in general, but when a song can really make you think about your life and what you're doing, it's pretty amazing. I love it.


If you don't know much about Brandon Boyd, he's a very deep individual. Everything he says or writes is incredibly intelligent. Plus, he's definitely not hard on the eyes!

I respect him so much because he's so passionate about what he does. I only wish I was.
So, here's to hoping that seeing them live again, will spark something in me and get me moving towards what I'm excited about.

I will leave you with some pictures and my favorite Brandon Boyd quotes.





I will for sure be buying this book, and probably others, soon!

He has a number of books and art for sale. Check it out here, if you'd like.

"I'll make music, whether or not anyone is listening, for the rest of my life. It's a natural form of expression for me, the same way I draw and write and sing." -Brandon Boyd 

"I think perhaps love thrives on unlikely circumstance and chance: life thrives on these principles, and is life not love? And love not life?" -Brandon Boyd, White Fluffy Clouds

"Music has always been my back door to life. It is important for people to find something that excites them. I like the concept that if you do what excites you, you will be rewarded generously, whatever form reward takes, which is not necessarily money." -Brandon Boyd

Here's to an inspirational week! :)




2 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great week! Great choice on Incubus. That's going to be such a great concert!! I'd be stoked too :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandon Boyd is a true artist and a definitely hottie. I hope you have a great time at the concert! :)

    ReplyDelete