Monday, October 10, 2011

What's up with me seeing all my exes?

My weekend was insanely busy! Friday evening, I hung out and had drinks with Kristena at her apartment before meeting another online boy downtown for a drink. This boy is a musician in a band and has tattoos (so my style!). So, he lives in Dallas/Fort Worth too. What is it with me never finding boys that live here?! Anyway, he is here in Houston, 4-5 days a week recording with his band though, and will be for the next 5 months. So, that's good atleast.

Recording went longer than he expected, so us meeting was getting pushed further and further back. After all this, I was hardly expecting much from him, honestly. I figured he would be a self-centered douche and my excitement had decreased greatly. Finally, around 11:30pm, he said they were finished and that I could come out to meet him, if it wasn't too late. So I did.. I figured what the hell? I was awake and dressed cutely so why not?

After a 45 min drive to get near where he was staying, we finally met at Sherlocks Baker Street pub on Westheimer. He was cute. Looked almost exactly like his pictures and was, to my surprise, extremely polite.
We got in and up to the bar, and he asked me what I wanted to drink and if I wanted a shot. We took our shots at the bar and then sat down with our drinks.

The conversation flowed very well. We have almost identical taste in music and we're both Irish. I found out he's 29, has been married once (when he was 20), and that he's a dog lover, huge plus! Talked about our past jobs, our passions and made fun of the wasted people stumbling around.

Before we knew it, the lights were on and bouncers were kicking everyone out. We walked out to our cars and he told me he wasn't ready for me to leave yet. We decided to head to IHOP for some yummy breakfast food. We ended up sharing a breakfast plate and chatting some more. At about 4am, I decided it was time for me to leave. I had my sister's bridal shower the next day at noon so I needed to get some sleep.

He walked me to my car, hugged me, and told me he thought I was fantastic and that he wanted to get together again. I got in my car and started heading home, when he called to tell me to let him know when I got home or he wouldn't be able to sleep, which I thought was pretty sweet.

My verdict on the date with "the musician":
It went well and I definitely wouldn't mind seeing him again, but I'm still not expecting much to come of it. We'll see though!

Now, to Saturday. I had my sister's bridal shower that afternoon. Then, we went to pick up her wedding dress and go shopping. Her birthday is tomorrow, and I told her, for her present, she could pick out a Bachelorette Party outfit. So we shopped in Forever21 and picked out jewelry too. Then, we had to go to Victoria's Secret to meet up with my mom and her fiance's mom.

So, we're just walking around the mall, and who do I see? My ex, J (high school sweetheart)! We were about 25 feet away, and he and his fiance' are walking towards us. I turn to my sister and say, "Omg, Omg, Omg!". She doesn't even see him so she's like, "What? What's going on?". They continue to get closer and I know he sees me. So when they get closer, he starts talking to his ugly fiance' and COMPLETELY turns his head when they pass us. My sister finally realizes why I was freaking out.

Ok, I get it, you're engaged and you're with your fiance'. Yes, saying hello would've been a tad awkward, but you know what? We were together for almost 6 years. Do I not deserve a smile and a quick "hey"? Because that's all I was going to do. Say hey and keep walking. I have more pride than to stop and talk to them. If I hadn't been caught so off guard I would've been like, "Hey J!! How are you?" Just to make him feel awkward. I went to dinner with Kristena and told her all about it, (she knew him in high school too) and she was just as mad as me. She texted him and all she said was, "Dick move, bro". Ha, I love it. I hope it makes him feel like a jerk, and it should. As much as I've told myself that I'm completely over him, I'm just not. He was my first love and I still dream about him almost every night. But, oh well, that's life!

On a brighter note, I have another date tomorrow night. Different boy. We'll call him "the engineer". He works for Boeing, has tattoos and plugs and is very cute. You know I'll be letting you know how it goes!

Also, I weigh in tonight, so I'll have my weigh-in results tomorrow as well.

Hope you're all having a good Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment