Monday, October 24, 2011

"Life's tough, get a helmet" & Recap of date #1 with Airport Guy

Last Wednesday night, I got some bad, life altering, news from my Mom.
That's all I can really say for now. No one is dying but it sure does almost feel that way.
Needless to say, I was a mess at work on Thursday. Crying off and on at my desk.
It wasn't pretty.

If you remember in my last post, I was hoping to meet airport guy on Thursday evening.
I almost cancelled.

The thought of having a couple drinks and then crying on a first date, would've been terrible. But, I calmed myself down, and decided that it would actually be good for me to go and get out of the house. Plus, I'd been looking forward to meeting him.
So, I went.

We met at 8 for drinks downtown. I got there first and ordered a drink and sat in a cozy little booth until he arrived. He walked in looking even cuter than his pictures, which obviously made me even more nervous. He sat down and we immediately started talking about music and what concerts are coming up that we're looking forward to.

At first, even though the conversation was going well,
I noticed that he wasn't really making eye contact with me when he was talking.
Crap! I thought. I must look different than he expected and he doesn't like me!

Well, after a few more drinks, and more talking, before I knew it we were making out!
The no eye contact thing must have been because of nervousness.
Because of the drinks, I can't exactly remember how it happened, unfortunately.
I remember him getting closer to me and putting his hand on my leg, but
I don't remember how/when he went in for the first kiss.
Either way, he was a great kisser!

So, we made out for, I'm guessing maybe 30 minutes. Then I mentioned I hadn't eaten dinner (mostly because of the bad news, I'd somewhat lost my appetite), so we decided to go to a late-night pizzeria. The pizza was great! We sat in a booth.. he sat next to me instead of across, which I thought was cute.

After we left the pizzeria, it was around midnight, I think,
 and he suggested that we go sit in a park that was nearby.
We walked there and sat on a park bench, and made out like teenagers.
Finally, we decided it might be about time to head home (we both had
about a 30 minute drive to get home), so he walked me to my car.
He got in and we kissed a little more, and then it was 1am and time to go.

Verdict of the date: I'm actually giddy after our date. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I haven't had so much chemistry on a first date, in a long time. We've been texting non-stop and I think it's safe to say, we'll be seeing each other quite a bit more. I actually went to his place to watch a movie Friday night. Had a great time again, so maybe I am getting my hopes up a little too quickly, but it feels good to meet someone you have an instant connection with.

No comments:

Post a Comment