Monday, November 7, 2011

Why is it so hard to "play hard to get"?

Does anyone else have the problem of being too available when in the early stages of dating someone new? It's like it's in our genetics or something. I know playing hard to get works, because it's worked for me before and when a guy does it to me, it drives me nuts! So why can't I do it easily?

I need to start leaving my phone in my car while at work. Although, I probably couldn't concentrate because I'd be wondering who had texted me. So as I said in this post, I'm starting to like J a lot. Therefore, I'm constantly checking my phone and wondering when I'll see him next. Yesterday morning he sent me a text asking me what I was doing all day, to which I told him I had no plans. He replied with a vague statement about seeing me, but didn't come out and ask me to hang out. I waited a bit as the conversation moved to another topic and finally decided to ask him if he wanted to hang out.

His reply was something close to, "Let me see what I'm doing. I'm about to head to the gym and then going to visit my parents later." This was at 1:30pm. I decided not to respond.

I decided to go to a guy friend's house and drink and play video games. I'm glad I did because I didn't hear from J until 8:30pm. Why do guys do this?

Hint to us that they want to hang out, only to reject us and make us feel like idiots when we ask.

I'm vowing to play hard to get from now on. No matter how hard it is for me. Because it works.
Anyone have any advice or tips on being less available?

Oh, and I'm going to my WW meeting tonight. I've skipped the last 3 I believe.
Time to get back. And Kelly and I are hitting the gym tonight.

That's what I'll do. Put all my frustration into my workouts (while leaving my phone at home). That way, I'm playing hard to get and working my way to looking hotter. ;)

2 comments:

  1. There is a book called "Why Men Love Bitches" it's like the female bible. I had the same issue when I was dating... (and still use the tips to play hard to get with my boyfriend shhhh)the book will teach you how to play hard to get. It's my favorite book. You should check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I've read lots of books that are probably similar to that, but years ago. Just looked online and they have it in stock at my local Barnes & Noble store. Picking it up after work :) Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete