Wednesday, December 14, 2011

50th Post! And wow I've been gone for 4 weeks.. oops!

Hello lovelies! Didn't mean to disappear on you... Did you think I rode off into the sunset with airport guy? Ha, just kidding.

So, let me update on a couple things.. J (airport guy) is dunzo. We were done probably 5 days after my last post about him. Just didn't workout. No big story. I've been pushing myself to meet more people, mostly because my sister's wedding is 3 1/2 weeks away! I really wanted to have a date for it. But the more I think about it, I'm fine with going alone. My friends will be there, and I'll probably have more fun if I'm not having to babysit some guy that doesn't know anyone there but me.

On to weight loss. Nothing to really update. I eat well when I can, but weekends always come back to bite me in the ass. I did actually go to a weight loss clinic last night. They weighed me and surprisingly I had lost 1.5 pounds. I decided after reading up on it, that I wanted to try Phentermine. It is a diet pill that's supposed to curb your appetite, but you still have to eat right and exercise. But, I think this may work well for me since my main problem is craving bad food. If I'm not hungry, then I'll eat a small meal of something healthy. I don't want to depend on this long term, but I've read it can really help kick start your weight loss.

I was pretty disappointed with the doctor though. She was a tiny little woman. And she was just flat out rude. I weighed in at 193.5. She asked what medications I'm on, and I told her birth control and then zoloft for depression. She then asked me, "Are you depressed because of your weight?" I told her no, that depression runs in my family and this has nothing to do with my weight. Then she proceeded to tell me, "Well, if you would work out 5 days a week and eat right, you won't need zoloft!" Excuse me? I understand that exercise produces endorphins, but to act like that will solve the chemical imbalance in my brain? I don't think so lady! They asked me how much I exercise, and I said right now only about twice a week. The way they kept asking exactly what workouts I do, I got the feeling they thought I was lying about going to the gym! Then she told me, "Well your body fat content is high, which I'm sure you already know.." Um yeah I know I'm fat, but I don't need someone to be condescending about it. After rushing through that she went to get a manicure at the salon next door. All in all, it was a shitty experience. But I got my damn prescription so that's all I care about. Sorry to ramble, but I wanted to share that because I was just so shocked being treated that way. Has anyone else gone through something like that where you're treated like crap because you're overweight? And I was at a weight loss clinic for God's sake! Duh, of course I'm overweight. Ok anyway, moving on.

So this is day 1 on Phentermine. I take (1) 37.5mg tablet every morning. I have to say I do feel a tad jittery, but it could also be in my head. I haven't eaten anything yet, because you're supposed to take it 1-2 hours before breakfast. I plan on only eating a banana and cheese stick this morning. I still feel hungry, but I can tell I already have a lot more energy. Hopefully it'll last until I can make it to the gym tonight ha!

So how have all of you been?!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Delighted you found my blog, looking forward to following your adventures :-)

    ReplyDelete