Monday, January 23, 2012

Date #1 with... Oh wait, nevermind!

So, my weekend... Not the best.

Friday, if you remember, I had a date.
Or atleast I was supposed to.
I was already in a gloomy mood, so I was really looking forward to going out and having dinner and drinks with this guy. We texted sporadically throughout the day and he still didn't know where he wanted to go, which annoyed me. I got off work at 5 and ran a couple errands before going home and getting ready. He said he was supposed to get off work at 6:30, so I texted him at 6:45 to see if he figured out where to meet.

He texted me back at 7 and said he'd just got off work, but told me he wanted to meet up at pizza place/brewery. I was pretty much ready, for the most part, by then.. so I was just watching some tv and touching up my makeup a little. I texted him at 7:45  and asked what time he wanted to meet there. By 8:15, I hadn't heard anything so I texted him again and said I was going to go ahead and leave my house to head to the restaurant, which was a 30 minute drive for me. Finally, he answered saying he'd be there between 8:45-9. That worked for me, so I headed that way.

8:20pm (AFTER I'd already left) Him: Wait don't leave yet

I decide to pull into the Walmart parking lot, and kill some time, since he told me not to leave yet and I already had. Oh, I also may have gotten a sprite from the McDonald's drive-thru and added a little vodka to it. Don't judge me.


8:40pm Him: You're going to kill me

8:41pm Me: Why?

8:44pm Him: A good friend just called, their car broke down and nobody can get them, I have to go help her out, she has a lot of health issues.

8:45pm Him: Will you let me make it up to you?

At this point, I'm bawling my eyes out in my car. Not because of this guy, whom I've never even met, but the last thing I needed was to be let down or disappointed at that moment. Who knows if it was a real situation, or just an excuse. Doesn't matter. He's obviously unreliable. I decided I could do one of two things. I could bitch at him and let him know how frustrated I was, or I could act indifferent. I also started driving to the movies. I'll be damned if I was going to go sit at home with full hair and makeup done.

8:54pm Me: It's cool

8:55pm Him: Well if you don't hate me let's go this week, and I'll promise a massage of you are interested ;-)

Uh, really dude?

8:56pm Him: I'm really sorry I was excited to meet you

9:05pm Me: I had a feeling something like this was going to happen.. But I understand.

9:06pm Me: I'm not saying you're lying or anything (even though I think you are), I just had a feeling. But if you really do still want to meet that's fine.

9:20pm Him: I definitely do, I'll do whatever I have to to make it up to you ;-) what do you want?

Sure you will, douche. After that I went to see Underworld: The Awakening, which was really good by the way. So I didn't answer him until after it was over. I doubt we'll go out. I'm definitely not contacting the idiot.

Saturday, I planned on hanging out with AG (Apple guy) in the evening. For the most part, I laid around and watched Felicity season 2 on dvd all day. At one point, I came out of my room to get something, and I could tell my Mom had been crying. She was sitting in a chair in the living room, while my Dad was in the kitchen on his laptop (where he akways is, nowadays). I went over and gave her a hug and asked what was wrong. Of course she said nothing. I still don't know exactly why she was upset, but I'm sure it has to do with the divorce.

I drove to AG's apartment and picked up some gummy bears on the way, since he'd had surgery the week before. Poor thing, had his arm in this huge sling. His roommate and a couple other friends were there and we all watched tv and youtube videos for awhile. Then we watched the new Planet of the Apes movie, can't remember the title. We made a couple drinks (although AG couldn't have alcohol because of the painkillers) and decided to play "fuck the dealer", which if you haven't heard of it, is a drinking card game. AG played with gatorade lol. It was pretty fun, and it got me drunk. I was the dealer quite a bit, therefore, I got fucked and had to drink a lot. We watched another movie, Moneyball, after the card game. I was starting to get very sleepy, and had already planned on just crashing there. We both slept in his bed, but no funny business lol. I had a good time with him, and I feel like he's someone I can trust.

Yesterday, I talked to my Mom quite a bit. My sister comes home this coming weekend, and my parents will finally be telling her that they're breaking up. I'm not looking forward to it. I hope she isn't upset with me for not telling her. My Mom is more worried about my sister and I, while I'm worried about her. My Dad has seemed so distant and out of touch lately. I feel like he doesn't even want to talk to me, but maybe it's because he is gay (I'm about 95% positive he is) and it's all just such an uncomfortable situation for him.

After he got home, we all three went to dinner and talked about when and how they should talk to my sister. It's all so weird and foreign still. I don't want to take sides, but it's hard for me not to want to be there for my Mom, especially when it seems like he's being so insensitive. I guess I'll find out all the nitty gritty details this weekend. I'm not excited.

On the up side, I emailed a few no-kill animal shelters last week and I'm going to be volunteering at one. I have to go this Saturday and Sunday morning for orientation and training. I'm really excited about this. I miss seeing and interacting with animals like I did as a vet tech.

I'm also still working on weight loss. I was 182.4 this morning, so I'm not losing but not gaining either. I ate pretty bad this weekend and a lot of last week, so I'm back to doing good today. I want to lose 10lbs by my birthday (12 days) and 25-30 more pounds by my vacation in March.

Sorry this post was all over the place. Props if you read the entire thing :)


7 comments:

  1. The guy played you all day. He never had any intention of meeting up otherwise he would have set a place and time. The fact that he left the time until the last minute means he was lying about the friend needing help. It is important to always see and act on the red flags. I would not give this person another chance.. oh and offering a massage as an apology when you have not met? creepy..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree. I'm still stumped since he's the one to make the initiative to meet in the first place. I must have been a backup or something. Oh well lol screw that guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, This guy sounds like he's not worth your time. I can understand the canceling at the last minute thing, but then him saying he'd give you a massage...that's kind of too forward and a little "icky" to hear from someone you've never met, you know?. It's evident you're too good for him.
    I have to say, I really love how you write though. It's honest and enjoyable to read. I'm your newest follower :)

    xo, Samantha
    http://theadventuresoftwosams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm done with him lol. Thank you so much for the compliment! You just made my day :) I'm about to check your blog out!

      Delete
  4. This guy was definitely not helping out his lady friend with car troubles that's for sure! I'd stick with the apply guy. He seems to be the one that sticks out compared to the other guys you've gone on dates with.
    I'm really sorry about whats going on with your family. I hope everything turns out for the best!

    Marja,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. first time here and I read the whole damn thing...super interested...love the honestly and randomness :)

    grace
    http://herumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete