Thursday, January 19, 2012

First date with Apple guy..

I've been a busy girl this week.
Monday I had a first date with a guy I've actually been texting on and off for close to a year. Yeah weird situation, but we've never met. One of us would always happen to start dating someone (usually me) right when we were planning to hang out. So he texted me out of the blue about a week ago and we decided to finally meet for sushi and drinks. I wasn't even sure it was going to really be a date. We decided beforehand to stay friends no matter what, so I went into it just looking at him as a new friend. He works at Apple, hence what I'm calling him.

I got there first and grabbed a table in the bar area and since it was happy hour I got a cosmo. I hate getting there first.. I'm usually running late for one reason or another, so I'm usually the one on the date, walking in looking for the other person that's already there. I only sat there for maybe 10-15 minutes, but it felt like an eternity. He walked in, looking shorter than I remember thinking he was, and gave me a hug and sat down to order a drink. Things weren't awkward at all.. probably because we know each other pretty well.. Just took a year for us to meet.

One thing: He could not be further from my normal "type". He's shorter than me (5' 5"), has long-ish hair (it's to his shoulders), and has no tattoos. But, weirdly enough, I'm still really attracted to him. I know this is shallow, but usually height is a deal breaker for me. I want someone bigger than me that makes me feel safe. Somehow I'm not really bothered by it though and neither is he. He brought up that he's never dated a woman shorter than him and loves when girls wear heels. I thought to myself that he must be pretty secure in himself to actually like when a girl wears heels with him.

Anyways, the conversation flowed extremely easily. We ordered some yummy sushi and talked about so many things. Where he's from, how his parents died when he was young, the drama with my parents, etc. After a couple hours it was only a little after 7 and he asked if I wanted to go to his place and watch a movie and then maybe hit up a bar before calling it a night. It was his last night to drink for awhile because he was having shoulder surgery Wednesday. We watched Crazy Stupid Love and he kissed me. We then had a drink there before going to a bar. Kind of funny, but we went to the place where I went on my first date with J (airport guy).

I only had one drink there and I wasn't planning on staying long. Well we ended up having more long conversations and met up with a couple of his friends. His roommate, who he was supposed to be riding home with, ended up getting absolutely wasted. So at 2am I still had to drive him the 20 minutes back to his place, before the 30 minute drive home. I didn't mind. I wanted him to get home safe, but was just tired and it was rainy. We get to his apartment complex and he starts trying to get me to stay the night. Not even to do anything sexual, or so he says, but because he was having surgery in two days and wouldn't be able to cuddle for awhile. If I hadn't had work the next day, I probably would have. But I said no. He almost wouldn't take no for an answer trying to make me feel bad, blah blah. I hate when you say no to something and people try to convince you otherwise. It really annoyed me. Especially, after we'd had such a fun night. But he was pretty drunk also, so whatever. Got home at 3:30 and crashed.

All in all, it was a good date. I like him, but just have to wait and see.

I actually had a date the next night (Tuesday) with a different guy, that was uneventful, awkward and I just got the friend vibe from him. So after that date, it was early and I went to see AG (Apple Guy), and just hung out and watched tv with him and his roommate. I ended up staying till midnight and wished him well for his surgery the next day and had another night of not enough sleep.

His surgery went well but he's stuck at home for awhile. Guess I'll have to wait and see what happens. Oh and I have another date tomorrow night. Dating can be exhausting! And you also drink more to ease the nerves so it's harder to lose weight. I need to catch up on sleep this weekend. Updates to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment