Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I think I'm growing up...

I'm starting to really realize what I can and cannot control.

I know that sounds like common sense, but I'm actually learning to apply this to my life. The last couple months, I've been disappointed by a few people. I don't want to get into details, but lets just say there are some friendships that I feel are a bit one-sided. I feel like I'm the only one trying. It used to make me extremely angry, and then I realized that I shouldn't get upset over things I can't control.

All I can do is change myself for the better. This is going to be like my new mantra for this year. All I can do is worry about myself and my own actions/words. What everyone else does, is there problem. When it comes to friends, this is very tough for me to do. Because, I'm always the peacemaker and the person that reaches out. But I'm not going to be that anymore. I need to start putting myself before people that aren't treating me how I want to, and deserve to be treated.

“I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.” -Marilyn Monroe

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Mohandas Ghandi 

"If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it." -Mary Engelbreit



 


No comments:

Post a Comment