Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Feels like I've been gone forever!

So how have you all been??

Let's see.. quite a bit has happened since I last posted. About a week ago we had the big, long talk with my parents and sister about the divorce. That was a blast, let me tell you. I won't do a big long depressing post on it, I promise. The gist of it.. My Dad is, in fact, gay. It's crazy, but I don't love him any less and of course I accept him. My sister took it better than I expected her to, as well. Enough of that lol.
I also turned 25, 3 days ago. Last Thursday, Apple Guy and I decided to go see a movie, since I'm getting off work at 3 now. I decided on The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. It was fucking amazing!!! If you haven't seen it yet, get your butt to the theaters today! I want to read the books now that I saw the movie.
But anyways, I picked him up (since it's still hard for him to drive) and we headed to the movies. He told me as we were getting out of the car, that he was treating me to everything, since he wouldn't get to see me on my birthday. We got our tickets and then he wanted to get me a drink and popcorn, and then himself some nachos. We lugged all that to our seats and waited for the movie to start.
As far as what we are.. I have no clue. And I'm ok with that, we've said from the beginning that we want to be/stay friends no matter what happens between us. But as we're sitting in the movies, he grabs my hand to hold it, and then kisses it. Which, I'm definitely not complaining about, but that's not something I do (hold hands) with someone that I'm just friends with and kiss occasionally. So that confuses me a bit. After the movie was over, we get back into my car and it's around 7:30pm. He tells me that he has some old coworkers coming over to make him dinner because of his surgery. He tells me I'm welcome to come and eat as well, even though I was a little iffy about it, I decided to accept his invitation. All his old coworkers were super nice and friendly. We ate and drank and had a good time.
Around 9:30, Apple Guy asks them if they want to go out to a bar nearby. They all agree and he asks if I can go, since I have work at 8 in the morning. I figure I'll go for a little bit. We get there, have more drinks and shots and he kiddingly suggests that I just stay at his place for the night and call in to work the next morning, since it's almost my birthday. After all those drinks, I decide it's a fantastic idea. So, we literally stay at the bar till 2am, get back to his apartment and make ourselves another drink (even though it was the last thing we needed). He gets me an Apple tshirt to sleep in, since I was wearing a dress and leggings. We get into bed, talk, joke, laugh and finally cuddle up to go to sleep.
I won't bore you with the next morning and day, because it was mostly just spent hanging in our pj's watching tv. But, I'm starting to really like him. A lot more than I thought I would. I feel like I think/say this about all guys I start to like, but I feel like he's different. I know that totally makes me sound like a naive idiot that can't stop being hopeful about every new guy that shows up in my life. But he really does seem different! I hate to even say that because I feel like I'll jinx it.
You know what else I think jinxes things? You're all going to think I'm crazy, but everytime I decide to change a guy's text tone from the default tone to something that's only for him, it seems like everything goes to shit after that. Ha, I totally do sound nuts, but it really does seem to happen that way. Oh and I changed his last week, so here we go! Fingers crossed it won't happen this time!
Oh and for my birthday this past Saturday, my bestie, Kelly, took me to Aveda to have a facial and back treatment. It was awesome! And then we went out to some bars downtown that night. Here's the only two pictures I took on my birthday.





By the way, I used my new Remington ceramic curling wand from Target, and I LOVE it!

Hope you all have a fantastic Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Well I guess to start off Happy Birthday!!! I'm glad your starting to like the "Apple Guy". He's seems like a keeper unlike the other guys you've dated >.< I hope everything turns out great for you because you deserve it! I'm glad that your family was able to talk about everything and just get it out in the open. It's never good to keep everything it because it really causes more drama and heartbreak.

    Marja,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words, Marja!! :)

      Delete