Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I love a man that calls..


Guys these days never call.

 Texting is about as far as it goes. And I'm guilty of it too. It's like if you called a guy, just to see what they were up to, they'd be like, "Umm.. So.. What did you need?"


Apple Guy calls me atleast twice a week. Just to see how I am, what I'm doing.. I feel like I'm in high school again and I love it! I think a guy that will actually pick up the phone and call, is showing effort. Things with us are good, although, we're not an "us" yet. Still seeing each other.

I actually went on a date last night with an online guy, and it was awful! We were supposed to go out for sushi this coming Friday, but he asked if I wanted to meet him for a movie last night, so I decided to go. We were meeting at 7:45 for the 8:05 movie. First of all, movies are Never a good place for a first date/meeting. You can barely talk and it's just awkward. Where do I put my hand, so that he can't grab it?  Ok, so I get there and park near him, he gets out of the car, and right away in my head I was thinking, Nope! No way this will amount to anything. He wasn't ugly per se', he looked like his picture, except he was about 30-40lbs heavier. Ugh. Why do people do this? I make very sure that all my pictures are recent, because I want to save myself the embarassment of being that person that had too put old pictures up to get a date. Another thing, I have this thing with men's hands. If they have feminine, or small hands, it creeps me out! I know that's very judgmental, but it just weirds me out. This guy was 6'3" and had hands the size of mine (and I have small hands as it is)!

So we walk up to get tickets, he buys mine, which I appreciated, and then we make awkward small talk until we get to our theater. We sit down and are the only ones in there. There was still 15 minutes until the movie would start. It was like pulling teeth to have a conversation with him. And when he would say anything, he wouldn't make eye contact with me. He's 31 years old, and I don't have the patience with someone who has the people skills of a rock, at that age.


The movie starts, thank God, so atleast we didn't have to talk. Halfway through, he got up to go to the bathroom, and I secretly thought to myself, Please be ditching me and not just going to the bathroom. I even thought, jokingly for the most part, if I could make it out of the theater without him seeing me. I wouldn't have done that! But that's how bad it was. He comes back, of course, and the movie ends shortly after. We walk to our cars, and I was hoping he wasn't going to try to kiss me *gag*. Oh, I forgot to mention he had Braces! Yeah, he failed to mention that as well.

I do the side hug and tell him to drive safe. I secretly hoped he wouldn't text me again, but of course I get the "Had a great time tonight. You looked cute btw". So he texted me today, and asked if we were still on for Friday. I thought out my options, 3 years ago, I would've gone just out of obligation since we had already set those plans. But now, I'm 25 years old and I'm not wasting a Friday night on a guy I don't want anything to do with. I answered him with, "Honestly, you're a very nice, attractive guy that has old pictures on your profile, but I got more of a friend vibe from you. And I don't want either of us to waste our time." It worked, he said he had a feeling and told me to take care.


Not that Apple Guy and I are exclusive, but I started to feel a little guilty. I mean I barely hugged this guy, but I still couldn't help but think I'd be having much more fun if I was with [Apple Guy]. So even though we haven't talked about being exclusive, I think going on this shitty date made me realize how much I really am starting to like him. And maybe I don't want to see other people. Obviously, I'm not going to let him know that yet. I've been doing a good job at playing hard to get. But I think it's because I feel secure in his feelings for me. Which right now is just liking each other, and he tells me all the time. When it's been a few days since we've seen each other, he says cute things like, "I kinda miss you".. but not in a needy way. We just enjoy each other's company. And for only meeting a month ago, we're already pretty comfortable around one another.


This weekend, his roommate (who's in a band) is performing at a cool place in Houston, so we're going to that and then I'm staying the night with him. Updates to come on that.


Last thing!
I made a tshirt necklace.

Whatcha think?
Ok that's a shitty picture. I'm wearing it out tonight so I'll try to take a couple pictures.
I like them though. They're cheap, easy and cute!


Ok really last thing. Weighed myself this morning, and was 179.2. Back in the 170s to stay this time!

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love reading your date nights, there just so interesting! I can't believe you stuck around that long! I would have left, lol.

    I can't wait to hear about your date night with Apply Guy this weekend!

    Oh the shirt necklace looks so cute! Great way to save money!

    Marja,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete