Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A disappointing morning

 I hop into my car, anxious as humanly possible, and text him right before pulling out of my driveway to see if he was still awake, since I knew he hadn't slept any the night before. I begin my thirty minute drive to his apartment. I'm thinking about what he's going to say, and I pull into his apartment complex and realize I haven't gotten a text back from him yet. I park at 9am and call his cell phone, while walking in and there's no answer.

I think, Hmm, maybe he just dozed off or is in the bathroom. I stand outside his door and knock 4-5 times. I call him another 5 times and actually sit in the hallway outside his door for 30 minutes, like a lame-o. At 9:45, I decide to go find a close Whataburger and drive through and get something to eat and drink to kill some time. I get back and sit in my car and eat my food, while trying not to get mad.
I called him a bunch more times and walk back in to bang on the door and try to wake him up. No luck. By now, it's almost 11 o'clock, and I'm losing my patience. I look back now and wish I had just gone home and made him call me 10 times before I answer, but I like him too much, damnit. 

So, I look up movie times at a close theater to give him more time to wake up. I go to see Project X at 11:20am, hoping when I got out I'd see a text or call from him. But nope! I decide to go back one more time (I'd been calling him constantly) and knock on the door as loud as I can. It's now 1pm! I walk up to his door, bang until my little hand is bright red and keep calling. He FINALLY picks up and sounds half asleep and asks, "Where are you?" Without even thinking I say  "I've been here for 4 hours and you didn't answer!!!!!" He comes to the door with his hair all over the place looking hungover and miserable. He apologizes profusely and I mostly laugh it off, because I hate confrontation, and realized it was in no way intentional.   

So obviously, the romantic setting I had envisioned was not happening. We laid in bed and talked and he continued apologizing. To be honest, I thought he was going to tell me he loved me. But he actually ended up going into more detail about how he told his family all about me. He said he wants me to meet all his family, and that it's a big deal because he never brings any girls around them. It was sweet, but here I am with those three little words wanting to pop out of my mouth at any time, so I felt a little stupid.

The day didn't end up as I expected, but I still enjoyed our lazy Sunday together.

2 comments:

  1. Jeez Brittnay you had me going nuts with your last post! Well I'm 100% sure that he loves you and will say it to you!! Guys are really difficult and like to play all tough! I can't wait to hear more about you two!

    Marja,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks! I'm excited with how things are going so far!

      Delete